Mary J Blinds

mary j blinds

  • The blinds are forced bets posted by players to the left of the dealer button in flop-style poker games. The number of blinds is usually two, but can be one or three.

  • Confuse or overawe someone with something difficult to understand

  • A window blind is a type of window covering which is made with slats of fabric, wood, plastic or metal that adjust by rotating from an open position to a closed position by allowing slats to overlap. A roller blind does not have slats but comprises a single piece of material.

  • Cause (someone) to be unable to see, permanently or temporarily

  • Deprive (someone) of understanding, judgment, or perception

  • window coverings, especially vertical blinds, wood blinds, roller blinds, pleated blinds

  • Mother of Jesus; known as the (Blessed) Virgin Mary, or St. Mary, or Our Lady. According to the Gospels, she was a virgin betrothed to Joseph and conceived Jesus by the power of the Holy Spirit. She has been venerated by Catholic and Orthodox Churches from earliest Christian times. Feast days, January 1 (Roman Catholic Church), March 25 (Annunciation), August 15 (Assumption), September 8 (Nativity), December 8 (Immaculate Conception)

  • Mary is an American sitcom that aired on CBS during the 1985-86 television season. The series stars Mary Tyler Moore in her return to series television after an absence of over six years, during which time she appeared on Broadway in Whose Life Is It Anyway?

  • the mother of Jesus; Christians refer to her as the Virgin Mary; she is especially honored by Roman Catholics

  • Mary was a variety-type program briefly broadcast by CBS as part of its 1978-79 fall lineup.

mary j blinds - Blind Light

Blind Light

Blind Light

This extraordinary volume of poetry interprets and transcribes metaphysical reality. What happens when one loses her vision, her eyesight in the midst of a successful and challenging career? What does the mind experience? How does the mind translate reality? Is survival possible? Does one gain access to the sixth sense? Blind Light answers all of these questions and more. It gives insight into that world beyond the physical. It is an amazing flight into territories rarely explored by the written word

86% (11)

Stories that made the news in 1950s

Stories that made the news in 1950s

News Story from the past

Feb 7th 1952

Ethel May Challenger (24) 2, Akeman Way Avonmouth, previously charged in Bristol with attempted suicide by drinking zinc solution was today put on probation for two years. Dr. J. L. Faull said Challenger had brooded over problems of money and rearing five young children. Her husband was told by the magistrates: " Your wife needs all the help you can give her."

Aug 1952

Two coloured stowaways Cyril Benjamin Mcleod of Jamaica, and Philip Bertand of Dominica, who were arested at Avonmouth Docks when the s.s. Cavina berthed, were sent to prison for 21 days in Bristol. Bertand said: 'Things were very bad in the West Indies - there is no work.' Mcleod said he was a graduate of an agricultural traing centre, and wished to work as a dairyman.

Aug 12th 1952

Harold Edward Peacock (52) Dorian Road, Horfield, was fined ?5 in Bristol court for stealing 6lb of onions, from Southmead Hospital market garden.

Aug 12th 1952

Six hundred filmgoers sang community songs to while away the time when the power failure stopped the projectors at the Kingsway Cinema, Two Mile Hill, Kingswood, for 90 minutes last night.

The cinema was almost full of customers who came to see a popular film - the Marx Bros, in 'Cassablanca' - when, during the showing of the 'trailers' of fourth coming films the screen went blank. The main film was due to be screened 10 minutes later, at 6.10 p.m. The manager, Mr. John Crew, immediately went on the stage and explianed what had occurred. He told the audience that any one who wanted to leave would be given complimentary tickets for tonight's show.

'A few people left, but most stayed and entertained themselves with singing songs'. The power came back on at 7.30 and the cinema was able to show the complete film.

Feb 7th 1952

Bristol Fire Brigade were today damping down the smouldering ruins of the blaze in St. Pauls Street, where the damage is estimated at ?40,000.

As the blaze ravaged adjoining tannery offices and warehouses, explosions rocked a wide area, and hundreds of people dashed for shelter as burning debris rained down. The premises belonging to Messrs. J. R. Hawkins and Co., leather manufactures and Messrs. Wilkinson nand Riddell (Bristol). Ltd., textile merchants. The fire wich started inn the tannery, gutted Messrs Hawkins workshops, burnt out a large part of offices and destroyed a warehouse belonging to the textile firm. The flames fanned by a hign wind, threatened nearby houses in Orange street, as firemen fought to control the blaze.

A young boy Royston John Hurley of Claremount Street., Stapleton had a very lucky escape when a three- foot piece of drain pipe fell from the blazing tannery. It struck him on the leg causing only slight injury. This was the third fire in the tannery in the past three months. It was the largest post-war fire in Bristol and took 48hrs to bring the fire under control.

November 1958

It's interesting, but not really surprising, to find that 50 years ago the weather - in another gloomy November week - was dominating the headlines. Fog enveloped Bristol - or at least the Eastville and Fishponds areas of the city - (aided, no doubt, by pollution from the many coal fires) almost paralysing transport.

By 11pm visibility at Filton was down to five yards, with traffic almost at a standstill on the Gloucester Road. But while the city suffered, the Bristol Evening Post said that many country areas were clear. Despite this, the Aust ferry - which carried passengers and cars over to Chepstow - was cancelled indefinitely. Dense fog was reported at Portishead. No aircraft were arriving or leaving from Whitchurch airport and there was a complete hold-up of sailings from both Avonmouth and the City Docks.

Trains were arriving from London up to half an hour late and city businessmen were taking an unprecedented 50 minutes to get to work from places such as Clifton and Henleaze. It was chaos. Other news of the week concerned bus drivers and conductors (they were the ones who took the money and gave you tickets in those far off days) who were due get a pay rise of 11 shillings a week (just over 50p). Maintenance workers, however, were only to get eight shillings and 3p a week more.

The unions had been asking for between 16 and 33 shillings. As it was estimated that the rise would cost the Bristol bus company an extra ?100,000 a year, guess what? Yes, you're right - fares went up by 2p and 3p the following week.

You'll no doubt be pleased to hear that busmen of all grades would now be getting between ?7 and ?8 a week - with drivers getting ?7 and 18 shillings. That, incidentally, was about the average wage in those days. Of interest - if only because it's recently been announced that it's on the way back - was the Corporation's collecting of kitchen waste to use in pig swill. The average weekly collection totalled 300 tons which, after 'treatment' yielded about 260 tons of so-called 'Bristol pudding', co

Isaac Nigh

Isaac Nigh

Mexican War Veteran and Civil war veteran in Co. G, 115th ILL. Infantry
The Humboldt Union, Thursday, October 26, 1916, Pg. 8:
Died: October 17, 1916

Obituary---Isaac Nigh

Isaac Nigh was born in Fairfield county, Ohio, December 2, 1829, and passed away at his home in Humboldt, on South Ninth street, Tuesday, October 17, 1916.
Mr. Nigh was united in marriage September 29, 1853, in Ohio, to Miss Ann Phillips, who survives him. Three children were born to them, one of whom, Samuel Nigh, passed away about twenty-two years ago. The other son, Mr. Frank Nigh, lives at Iola and the daughter, Mrs. Mary Gleason, in Humboldt. There are also eight grandchildren and three great-grandchildren surviving.
Mr. Nigh was a member of the 15th Regiment, U. S. Regulars, in the war with Mexico, enlisting when he was eighteen years of age, and also fought throughout the Civil war in Co. G, 115th Ills. Volunteers. He was the last of the Mexican war veterans residing in Allen county.
More than forty years ago Mr. Nigh brought his family to Kansas and settled on a farm five miles south of Humboldt. Later they moved to town, where he and his wife have resided for about twenty-three years.
Although so far advanced in years, Grandpa Nigh had still been able to get about until a month or so before his death, when he was stricken blind and from that time continued to fall until death relieved him of his suffering.

The Chanute Daily Tribune, Oct. 17, 1916.

Brother of B. F. Nye of this City--
In Kansas Forty-Seven Years.

Isaac Nye, a brother of B. F. Nye of this city, died shortly after noon today at his home in Humboldt. B. F. Nye went to Humboldt this afternoon.
Isaac Nye was 87 years old and had lived in this vicinity forty-seven years coming September 10, 1867. He was a veteran of both the Mexican war and of the Civil war, serving three years in the Union army. He is survived by his widow, whom he married sixty-three years ago September 29, and by two children ---a son and a daughter. The son is Frank Nye of Iola.
His widow has been quite ill for some time and it is feared she may not long survive her husband.

From the biography of his father Frank Nigh from History of Allen and Woodson counties, Kansas embellished with portraits of well known people of these counties, with biographies of our representative citizens, cuts of public buildings and a map of each county edited and compiled by L. Wallace Duncan, Chas. F. Scott. Published 1901

Isaac Nigh was the first child of his parents and his boyhood and early youth were passed in Franklin, County, Ohio. At the age of seventeen years he joined the same regiment with his father for service in the Mexican war and followed the army of General Scott to the City of Mexico.
He, too, took down with the dread disease, typhus, and was sick near unto death. Upon recovery, and being discharged from the army, he went back to his native county and passed a year upon the farm. The next year he spent in New York City and, upon his return west, he took up his residence in Shelby County, Illinois. He engaged in farming there and continued it until the war of the Rebellion called him to arms. He enlisted in the 115th Illinois Infantry, Colonel Moore, and served three years. From the year of his muster out of the service till 1869 he passed in Illinois
on a farm. The latter month and year he journeyed to Kansas and settled in Cottage Grove township, Allen County. He secured a homestead four and a half miles south of Humboldt which he improved and upon which he made his home many years. The first year Isaac Nigh spent in Kansas he was engaged much of the time in freighting goods from the nearest railroad
points along the Kavv River, Lawrence and Kansas City, Missouri, to Humboldt. In- this way he was able to the better provide for his family while the initial steps toward farm-improvement and farm-cultivation were being taken;
Isaac Nigh was married in 1853 to Ann Phillips. Mrs. Nigh was born January 6, 1835, in Shelby County, Illinois. She was a daughter of Bryant Phillips and is the mother of two sons and a daughter: Samuel C. Nigh, who died at Chanute, Kansas, in 1894; Mary J,, wife of E. A. Gleason, of Humboldt, and J. Frank Nigh, our subject.
At ten years of age Frank Nigh came into Allen County. He began contributing toward his own support upon entering his 'teens and learned the lessons of independence and self-confidence long before he saw his twenty-first birthday. He was schooled passably well in the district schools and this, strengthened by the efficient school of experience, has equipped him for a successful career in life. To enter the railroad service was among the first acts of our subject upon reaching man's estate. He learned telegraphy with the L. L. and G. Railway people and was in their employ at stations along their line till 1S86. Leaving the road he located upon a farm along the Neosho River and has ever

mary j blinds

mary j blinds

God Ain't Blind

In this gripping, unforgettable new novel by New York Times bestselling author Mary Monroe, forever friends Annette Goode Davis and Rhoda O'Toole are about to learn that even the rockiest relationships can survive just about anything—as long as you're there for each other when it matters most. . .
Annette Goode Davis is a survivor, and while life's obstacles have often knocked her down, she's never let them keep her there for long. To Annette, life is all about family and old friends like Rhoda O'Toole. And right now, Annette needs all the friends she can get. . .because her marriage is in big trouble, and she has no idea why. . .
Lately, her husband Pee Wee barely has the time of day for Annette and she suspects he may have fallen for another woman. Desperate to regain his affections, Annette goes on a crash diet, gets a total makeover, and looks hotter than she has for a long, long time. Everyone notices—everyone except Pee Wee.
Annette is ripe for the picking when she meets Louis Baines, a handsome young caterer who showers her with attention. Soon, Annette is embroiled in a full blown affair and spending money on Louis like there's no tomorrow. But when Annette learns a terrible secret about her new lover, she realizes she's in way over her head. Her life crumbling down around her, Annette turns to the only person she knows she can trust: Rhoda.
With Rhoda by her side, Annette's determined to find a way out of this mess. But when the truth finally comes out, Annette must face the fact that she may have destroyed the life she loved—and this time, not even Rhoda can help her make things right...

Similar posts:

how to make fabric roman shades

blinds for the windows

sun shades for windows

wooden canopy beds

how to install drapery holdbacks

thermal blackout blinds

lamp shade holders

light shade of blue

shades of red for hair color

motorhome awnings

Tag : mary j blinds shade canopy reviews cheap designer shades fire



Post a comment


Use trackback on this entry.